Latest Casino News
New Jersey Gambling News Brief
29 Leap Day Must-Dos in Atlantic City
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 4:56:21 PM
Carpe Diem. Atlantic City is encouraging visitors to seize the day -- Leap Day -- and indulge in 29 AC-only activities to celebrate February 29, including a once-in-four-years Leap package at the Atlantic City Hilton. When a day only comes around once every four years, it is important to make the most of it. So, instead of your same old tired routines, head down to Atlantic City where Lady Luck is waiting to keep you 'Turned On' all day long.
Whether you want to relax by a pool or in a spa, seize the excitement of the dice or explore the Atlantic City area, Atlantic City is the place to go for a day that will surely be one to remember - at least for the next four years. Visit http://www.AtlanticCityNJ.com for more Atlantic City information and a complete listing of things to do throughout the year.
Here are 29 ways to stay 'Turned On' in Atlantic City this Leap Year, Friday, February 29:
- Atlantic City Classic Car Show: Rev up your engines and head over to the Atlantic City Convention Center for the Classic Car Show.
- Comedy Clubs: The comedy clubs at Tropicana and Borgata are sure to keep you laughing all day long.
- Black History Month: Spend the last day of Black History Month at the African American Heritage Museum and the Atlantic City Public Library, where they will both be hosting events honoring African American culture and heritage.
- Poker Tournaments: Hit the tables at Tropicana, Borgata, Bally's and Trump Taj Mahal for exciting poker tournaments running throughout the day. Not sure you are up to the task? Check out the Texas Hold 'Em Poker Lessons at Resorts.
- Casinos: Try your hand at any one of the 11 casino resorts located here in Atlantic City. From table games to the hottest slots, Atlantic City has your game.
- Boardwalk Walking Tour: Use this extra day to get in a little extra exercise on our world-renowned Boardwalk. Download the Walking Tour Podcast from our Web site for a historical account of Atlantic City's treasured past.
- Absecon Lighthouse: Take on a new view of the city from the top of the Absecon Lighthouse, the tallest in New Jersey, right here in Atlantic City.
- Bars & Lounges: Atlantic City is 'Always Turned On' with the hottest nightlife and entertainment, and this Leap Year is no different. More than 30 nightlife hot spots can keep you entertained all Leap Day long.
- Revue Shows: Check out one of the top-notch performances from Human Nature, Yesterday, Finnegan's Wake, Six Real Brothers and Legends in Concert.
- Noyes Museum: Visit the Noyes Museum for a cultural journey with Homer's Odyssey: Works by the Princeton Artist Alliance.
- Wheaton Arts & Cultural Center: The Wheaton Cultural Arts Center will be hosting the "Curator's Choice" Museum of American Glass Exhibit.
- Babyface: Babyface will perform live at the Events Center in the Borgata.
- Henry Rollins: Visit the House of Blues for a one-of-a-kind event with Henry Rollins -- Spoken Word.
- The Green 17 Tour featuring Flogging Molly & Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band: The Green 17 Tour will be rocking the House of Blues.
- Gardner's Basin: Located in Atlantic City's Inlet section, Historic Gardner's Basin is home to the Atlantic City Aquarium -- Ocean Life Center.
- IMAX: Experience movies in a whole new way at the IMAX Theatre at Tropicana. Dolphins & Whales 3D opens on Friday, February 29 and the Spiderwick Chronicles will be playing throughout the day.
- Atlantic City Outlets - The Walk: Take a stroll through Atlantic City Outlets -- The Walk where the hottest styles and best deals meet on every corner.
- The Pier Shops at Caesars: Enjoy a shopping and dining experience that is unlike any other as you stroll through the high end shops and trendy eateries with sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean and beach.
- The Palm: Indulge in the "Land and Sea" Dinner for Two at The Palm for just $99. Includes two Caesar salads, two nine-ounce filet mignons, your choice of two specially selected seafood entrees and one family style side to share.
- Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar: Enjoy a dinner for two that is out-of-this world with a tasting of 15 of Chef Guillermo Pernot's favorites at Cuba Libre. Dinner includes: pressed Cuban bread and mango butter, four appetizers, one salad, three entrees and three desserts. Just $39 per person (tax and gratuity not included).
- Spa: The calendar has given us one extra day, so pamper yourself because there are 365 other days this year to be stressed. Lounge in the lap of luxury at any one of the renowned spa facilities in Atlantic City.
- Nightclubs: Posh nightclubs reign supreme in the city that is 'Always Turned On.' From the hottest DJ's to the best bartenders, Atlantic City nightlife is always a sure bet.
- College Hoops at Game On!: Check out the hottest basketball action at Game On! in The Pier, then head over to Boardwalk Hall to get your A-10 Men's Basketball Championship game tickets. The A-10 Tournament will be at Boardwalk Hall March 12 - 15, 2008.
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum: Located on Atlantic City's Boardwalk, features the world's most unusual, fascinating and bizarre exhibits.
- Fishing: Spend time outdoors fishing and clamming in the Atlantic Ocean and the bay. February is prime for Whiting, White Perch, Winter Flounder, Hard Clams and Cod.
- Golf: Enjoy the extra day by fitting in one more round of golf on one of the 30 highly-rated golf courses in the Atlantic City Region.
- James' Salt Water Taffy: Stop by one of the three James' stores (located in The Pier Shops at Caesars, Tropicana's MarketPlace, and their original location at New York Avenue and the Boardwalk) for their famed Salt Water Taffy.
- Wine Down: Let yourself experience a whole new taste at one of the area's local wineries with home-grown grapes and South Jersey charm.
- Garden Pier: Visit the Atlantic City Historical Museum and the Atlantic City Art Center both located on Garden Pier for a glimpse into Atlantic City's past and more than 2,400 square-feet of exhibit space.
Note: The links to older news stories hosted on other servers often no longer function. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Our USCF Casino News is also available as a free-subscription News Feed.